Redline (MTL) Manual Transmission Lube
Well, what can I say? It is red and it works as well as everyone says:
- down shifting is noticeably easier
- there is less transmission noise
- shifting is smoother
- my problem syncro is now much better; it lost the clunk when down-shifting to 2nd while decelerating.
- no stinky sulphur smell
It is like a transmission overhaul in a bottle! Get it!
I ordered mine from Bolt-On Performance 1 (866) 426-5866 in Ontario. $36cdn for 2 quarts and $9 Shipping via Canada Post
FYI Tranny's take ~2.5 quarts
btw I just checked the Redline site and noticed they recommend the MTL-90 for Nissan transmissions. It is slightly heavier.
Here is a tranny flush procedure (thanks to TonyD on zcar.com):
- Run the hell out of the car to get tranny good and hot
- Jack the the car up
- Drain the tranny
- Fill with a short fill of flush (maybe diesel oil would work...)
- Block the rear wheels in the air
- Run through the gears at idle or fast idle
- Drain, repeat two times.
- Then shut it off
- Let the solvent evaporate
- Refill with synthetic never to be Dino-Oiled again!
An inexpensive squeeze pump did the job of getting the fluid out of the bottle and into the transmission.