Haltech Configuration Files and Tips from "Mescalindreamz"
configuration file ( haltech f9 series)
- Used in f9 version 4.2 ,
- Remember to save your current configuration file usually called F9.CFG located in the Haltech folder into another folder (this is if you ever want to go back to your old configuration. Then copy and paste both of my files F9.CFG and 123no43.F9M to the Haltech folder.
Engine Running lean precaution:
- enter fuel map mode:
- goto by hitting f1 1000 rpms and goto the very left or the very right bar.
- hold the contrl button (ctrl on your keyboard)
- While holding the ctrl button hit the arrow button on the key board to the left or the right depending on what bar you start out with.
- Keep holding down the ctrl and arrow button until all 1000 rpms are highlighted in yellow. I would then raise them by pushing the arrow up and write down how many times you hit the arrow button.
- Hold the button Alt and F1 when you are finished with the 1000 range to goto the 1500rpm range and do the same with that.
- The reason you are doing this is in case you engine needs more fuel then mine.
To get to the fuel maps and there rpms
- first you hit Alt f then the right arrow.
- Hit the down arrow and the fuel map will be highlighted. My version 4.2 only shows rpms in increments of 1000,,ie:2000 3000 etc. My version 5.60 shows in increments of 500 ie: 1000,1500,2000,2500.So if your using version 4.2 you will need to use the following buttons to access the 500,1500,2500,3500 etc rpms
1000 is f1
1500 is f1 + alt------hold buttons at the same time
2000 is f2
2500 is f2 + alt
3000 is f3,,,hopefully your getting the picture.
- Once you have enrichened all of the ranges then save the map.
If the engine is running too rich then
go back and lower all of them, make sure you write down how many times you lower the fuel or richen your fuel needs. Don't rely on your memory.
Here are the specs of my engine for them.
f54 with n42 match ported and valve seat blended head
custom plenum with ported stock runners
460 lift 270 280 degree cam
1997 3.7 liter supercharged grand prix 4 spray injectors
74mm tb and internal fuel pump from the grand prix, also used on buick regal
gs engines. Rpo code L67
Headers with 2.5 mendrel bent exhaust all the way back
haltech map sensor
4 wire o2 sensor.
F9 haltech version 4.2
No pcv, just the cone breathers